Etsy

Monday, December 10, 2012

What Does Gussy Even Mean?

I've told some of my friends about my upcycling/ refurbishing idea- the first question they ask me is, what are you going to name your business? I wanted a vintage flare nod and something that would spark interest into the name- hence The Gussy Owl.

The definition for Gussy is:

tr.v. gus·siedgus·sy·inggus·sies Slang

To dress or decorate elaborately; adorn or embellish: gussied herself up in sequins and feathers.

Sorry for those who already knew that, but some don't! 

I chose the owl in homage to my sorority mascot- the owl. If it wasn't for those women in my life, I wouldn't have found inspiration to find this love of upcycling/ refurbishing and try to pursue it as more than a hobby.

I hope to fund this dream in the next few months and share my tips and tricks of my endeavors! In the meantime, I want to work on smaller projects and share my research with you :)

- Gussy




No comments:

Post a Comment